Terms of service
Thank you for using Linkheed!
Every company has its terms. These are ours.
1. Our service
· Linkheed helps you discover and do what you love. To do that, we show you things we think will be relevant, interesting, and personal to you based on your onsite and offsite activity. To provide our Service, we need to be able to identify you and your interests. Some of the things we show you are promoted by advertisers. As part of our service, we try to ensure that even promoted content is relevant and interesting to you. You can identify promoted content because it will be clearly labelled.
Linkheed helps you discover and do what you love. It’s customized to you. We need to know what you like to make everything on Linkheed relevant to you.
2. Using Linkheed
· a. Who can use Linkheed
You may use Linkheed only if you are a student, a teacher, a pedagogy, or a parents can legally form a binding contract with Linkheed, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Linkheed account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. You can’t use Linkheed if it would be prohibited by U.S. sanctions. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is not allowed. If you’re based in the EEA, you may only use Linkheed if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country. Using Linkheed may include downloading App to your phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically update that App, and these Terms will apply to any updates.
· b. Our license to you
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including our Community Guidelines), we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Service.
You cannot use Linkheed if you're under 13 (or older in some countries).
3. Your content
· a. Posting content
Linkheed allows you to post content, including articles, photos, videos, comments, links, and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on Linkheed is referred to as "User Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Linkheed.
If you post your content on Linkheed, it still belongs to you.
· b. How Linkheed and other users can use your content
You grant Linkheed and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on Linkheed solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using Linkheed. Nothing in these Terms restricts other legal rights Linkheed may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content, or change the way it’s used in Linkheed, for any reason. This includes User Content that we believe violates these Terms, our Community Guidelines, or any other policies.
If you post your content on Linkheed, we can show it to people and others can save it. Don't post adult photos, audios, videos, content, porn, or spam or be a jerk to other people on Linkheed.
· c. How long we keep your content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from Linkheed, we may keep your User Content for a reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Linkheed and its users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-share, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared on Linkheed.
If you choose to post content, you give us permission to use it to provide and improve Linkheed. Copies of content shared with others may remain even after you delete the content from your account.
· d. Feedback you provide
We value hearing from our users and are always interested in learning about ways we can make Linkheed more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Linkheed doesn’t waive any rights to use similar or related feedback previously known to Linkheed, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
We can use your suggestions to make Linkheed better.
4. Copyright policy
· Linkheed has adopted and implemented the Linkheed Copyright Policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable copyright laws. For more information, please read our Copyright Policy.
We respect copyrights. You should, too.
· We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, Linkheed can’t guarantee that unauthorized third parties won’t be able to defeat our security measures. We ask that you keep your password secure. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
You can help us fight spammers by keeping these security tips in mind.
6. Third party links, sites, and services
· Linkheed may contain links to third party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Linkheed. We don’t endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third-party website, service, or content from Linkheed, you do so at your own risk and you agree that Linkheed has no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
Linkheed has links to content off Linkheed. Most of that stuff is awesome, but we're not responsible when it's not.
· Linkheed may terminate or suspend your right to access or use Linkheed for any reason on appropriate notice. We may terminate or suspend your access immediately and without notice if we have a good reason, including any violation of our Community Guidelines. Upon termination, you continue to be bound by Sections 3 and 8 of these Terms.
Linkheed is provided to you for free. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, but we will provide appropriate notice.
· Our Service and all content on Linkheed is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.
Linkheed specifically disclaims any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade.
Linkheed takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other person or third-party posts or sends using our Service. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that’s inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
If you're a consumer in the EEA, we don’t exclude or limit any liability for gross negligence, intent, or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or willful misconduct.
Unfortunately, people post bad stuff on services like Linkheed. We take that kind of thing seriously, but you still might run into it before we have a chance to take it down. If you see bad stuff, please report it to us here.
10. Limitation of liability
We are building the best service we can for you but we can't promise it will be perfect. We're not liable for various things. If you think we are, let's try to work it out like adults.
· For any dispute you have with Linkheed, you agree to first contact us and try to resolve the dispute with us informally. If we need to contact you, we will do so at the email address on your Linkheed account. If Linkheed hasn’t been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms through binding arbitration or (for qualifying claims) in small claims court.
Arbitration is a more informal way to resolve our disagreements than a lawsuit in court. For instance, arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, involves more limited discovery, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Although the process is more informal, arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. You agree that, by agreeing to these Terms of Service, the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision, and that you and Linkheed are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement and the termination of your Linkheed account.
12. Governing law and jurisdiction
· These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If you are not a consumer in the EEA, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with this agreement is San Francisco County, California, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and our dispute will be determined under California law.
If you are a consumer in the EEA, this won’t deprive you of any protection you have under the law of the country where you live and access to the courts in that country.
The Bay Area is beautiful this time of year. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, that's what's so great! Anyway, you'll have to sue us here.
In the EEA, this applies if you're a merchant, but not if you're a consumer. If you are a consumer in the EEA, you can sue us in your home courts.
13. General terms
· Notification procedures and changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices electronically if that’s what we decide. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our discretion, is material, we’ll notify you. By continuing to access or use Linkheed after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the new Terms. If you don’t agree to the new terms, please stop using Linkheed.
If we're making a big change to the terms, we'll let you know. If you don’t like the new terms, please stop using Linkheed.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Linkheed without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
If you’re a consumer in the EEA, either you or Linkheed may assign this agreement, and any rights and licences granted under it, to a third party. In case of such an assignment by Linkheed, you are entitled to terminate the agreement with immediate effect by deactivating your account. Linkheed will provide you with reasonable notice of any such assignment.
· Entire agreement/severability
· No waiver
No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Linkheed’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If you live in the United States, these Terms are a contract between you and Linkheed Inc., 651 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. If you live outside the United States, these Terms are a contract between you and Linkheed Europe Ltd., an Irish company with its registered office at Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
· Effective October 1, 2022